Saturday, December 5, 2009

Vertigo

I am seriously starting to freak out.  I just realized that there's only about 7 months left until the big day to trump over all other big days.  I've never singlehandedly tried to execute anything so crucial, and I'll probably never attempt to again.  After our initial round of preparations, I feel like we're at a stand still now.  I mean, we don't have the guest list updated, we don't have a schedule, I can't decide on colors, i have no idea where i'm going to purchase all of these little itty bitty but utterly necessary things.... then there's the impending trip to the motherland....  aaaahhh....

*takes deep breath*

I. Can. Do. This. 

What it all boils down to, really, is just 24 hours in a whole lifetime.  Granted, it's a very extremely important 24 hours, but still, just 24 hours.  All of the stress, all of the frustrations, all of the planning - whether it goes according to plan or all falls apart, it will still happen.  It will all turn out well in the end.

At least that's what I keep on telling myself.


Then there's the issue of your male counterpart...yes they care too, but never in the same way that you do.  They don't see the importance of getting every detail right, whether the colors match, or what outfit you want.  Instead they question your choice of bridal party or whether chair covers are affordable or if there's enough liquor.  It's so easy for them to remove themselves from some minutia, but then get completely immersed in other details that are half as important.  Please don't call everything single thing into question... And trust me for once to be capable of making the right decision.

I want to tear my hair out.

No comments:

Post a Comment