Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Money doesn't speak, it screams

I have to get up for work in approximately 6 hours.  But I can't sleep.  Insomnia seems to be a recurring theme these days, with so much to worry about and to think about.  Being obsessive-compulsive, excel-lover at heart, numbers constantly run through my head...like one of those visa or mastercard commericials...

Guestbook - $50
Wedding dress - $1,000
Reception - $15,000
Getting rid of the "WTF, how are we going to pay for this???" panic - Priceless

Weddings are expensive.  Extremely so.  Add buying a new house to that, and you've got a disaster.  In a moment of panic, I've come up with different scenarios on how to come up with more money....robbing a bank, winning the lottery, magically getting an inheritance...yeah, none of them are viable unfortunately.

Sometimes I wish we can just elope, so we wouldn't have to deal with this, but a big part of me knows this is the wedding I've always wanted to have...with all of our family and friends being able to celebrate with us.  So eloping is out of the question.  But it is an alluring thought sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment